Amidst all other bodyweight exercises, plank workout is gaining popularity every day. The practicality of this workout is what makes it stand out in the crowd. What is even better is that this exercise helps fitness freaks to achieve accurate results in a minimal time frame
So, whether you want to tone your abs or activate your core, this workout is all you need. Let us help you discover the best seven at-home plank exercises to change your fitness game forever!
Seven best at-home plank workouts
Each of these exercises is easy to perform. All you need to do is follow the instructions correctly. We promise; you will receive results in no time.
1. Lie on your right side and extend your leg. Make sure the feet are on top of each other. Now, bring your right elbow under your right shoulder with your forearm pointing away from you. Make sure you create a fist. Also, keep in mind that your pinkie finger is in contact with the ground.
2. Keep your neck straight and exhale. Now, engage your core.
3. Try to raise your hips from the mat. Such a thing will leave the support only on your elbow and the side of your right foot.
4. Be in this position for a few seconds. 5. Repeat the workout on the other side.
Plank with leg lift
1. Draw yourself into a plank position. Now, brace your abs and forearms.
2. Engage the glutes to lift and hold one of your foot a few inches off the ground.
3. Perform at least ten lifts with one leg.
4. Repeat the workout on the other end. 5. This is the best ab workout to try out at home.
Plank Knee Tap
1. Get into a forearm plank with your feet hip-width apart. Your elbows should also be shoulder-width apart.
2. Now, form a straight line from your shoulders to heels. Now, tilt your pelvis forward gradually and keep your hips steady. Now, bend both your knees toward the ground.
3. Try to pause for a few seconds and then extend your leg once again.
4. Repeat the workout for 30 to 60 seconds. 5. Do the workout in 10 to 12 reps.
1. Get into a push-up position.
2. Bring your feet close to each other and straighten the legs. Make sure the weight is on your toes. Thus, your body should be straight from head to toe.
3. Now, brace your abs and squeeze glutes to keep your body tight.
4. Hold on to this position for 30 seconds to a minute. 5. It is a potential ab workout to try at home.
Twisting Knee Plank
1. Get into a straight-arm plank position.
2. Keep your shoulders still, tilt your lower body towards the left and bring your right hip to the ground. Now, return to the centre.
3. Now, twist your lower body towards the right side. Thus, bring your left hip towards the ground. Now, get back into the centre.
4. Now, bring the left knee towards the right elbow. Hold on to this position for a few seconds. Get back into a plank.
5. Now, get your right knee towards the left elbow. Hold on to this position and get back into a plank. 6. Keep doing this in 10 to 12 reps.
Resistance band plank
1. Get a resistance band and settle it around both your wrists. Now, get into a plank position with your shoulders over your wrists.
2. Make sure you form a straight line from head to toe.
3. Now, try to stretch your left hand as far as you can. Hold this position and bring it back to shoulder-width apart.
4. Now, repeat the step on the other end. 5. Keep alternating in 8 to 10 reps for 30 to 60 seconds each.
Side plank with twist
1. Get into a side plank position.
2. Press through your right forearm to lift the hips. Bring the left arm towards the ceiling.
3. Now, scoop your left arm under your body. Such a thing will make only your shoulders rotate towards the ground.
4. Bring your left arm back up and re-stack your shoulders. 5. Repeat the steps for 30 seconds in 8 to 10 reps.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are the workouts effective?
Yes. If you follow the instructions carefully, they will yield results soon.
2. Do these exercises improve posture?
Yes, they do.
3. Do I have the risk of injury while performing these workouts? Not at all!