Immunity plays a vital role in fighting any disease. It is true with Corona as well.
The immune system is designed to fight off sicknesses and viruses. But unfortunately, the immune system can get affected by many things. This prevents our bodies from effectively fighting sickness.
Your physical fitness levels alone don’t fine your immunity, though it does play a major role in building it up.
BREATHING & MEDITATION
Immunity Boosting Foods
THESE ARE SOME OF THE SUPERFOODS TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM TO FIGHT CORONA:
2 to 3 cloves a day in the raw form once a day
Boil 2/3 gm ginger extract in water or tea and have daily
1 to 2 gm with warm milk daily
3/4 almonds soaked overnight
A glass of orange juice or fresh lemonade daily
2 to 3 cups a day
Exercise is known to have a profound impact on the normal functioning of the immune system. For example, any exercise mobilizes billions of immune cells that are capable of killing virus-infected cells.
Some exercises you can do indoors:
- Yoga, Stretching, Climbing stairs, skipping
- See to it that you get up every 30 min and walk 100 steps inside your house.
If you can go outdoors,
- Walking, Jogging, Cycling
Our body has an amazing capacity to heal itself. It’s that we don’t have enough time to do so. A night of quality sleep can do wonders to our overall health and boost our immunity.
When we sleep, our body goes in a repair mode, and healing of the major organs occurs. A sound sleep not only helps you wake up fresh and energized but also helps you deal with day–to–day issues in a much better way. It calms your mind and reduces stress. Most importantly, it helps rebuild your immunity.
- Avoid watching TV 30 min before sleep
- Cultivate the habit of reading a book before sleep
- Take a hot water bath before going to sleep
- Put on any soft and soothing music
- Do not carry your daily stresses and tensions to bed. Keep away from all electronic gadgets
- Try to meditate for a few minutes before spelling
Though we live stressful and demanding lives, we can still develop habits to help us live healthier lives.
Here are some healthy daily habits that can help you boost immunity and fight Corona…
- Wash hands with soap often during the day
- Drink warm water as much as possible
- Maintain good hygiene
- Have your meals on time
- Have a balanced diet
- Meditate regularly
FEAR acts as the trigger for the negative spiral of emotions that pulls you down. Fear leads to stress, anxiety, victimhood, anger, regret, guilt, and pressing the panic button… which leads to more fear.
This process hurts physical well-being and ultimately results in weakening the immune system.
Here are few tips for handling negative emotions, especially your fears:
- Be in the Present Moment, as fear is mostly about future events.
- Be Thankful for all you have in the Present moment and think that you are the Blessed one.
- Let go of all your past grudges, anger, regrets, and guilt. Be kind and forgiving. This will help you focus on the Present than on the Past.
- Do whatever you love doing with complete attention on that job.
- Listen to some enchanting music or even better hum yourself songs you love singing
- Shift your focus from Future to the Present, with the understanding that the Future is only in our imagination. What you think may not happen at all.
- Have faith in the larger plan that we all a part of.
- Bring your attention to your breath every few minutes. Focus on your breath will also calm your mind.
Here is a small breathing exercise you can do. This is a part of the SKYTM Healing Technique. It takes about a couple of minutes to practice and help you come back to the Present moment and remove all stressful/anxious thoughts from the mind.
The breathing has to be in a 4C pattern during this exercise, and eyes closed. You can practice this as many times as you wish to. You can do this sitting or lying down.
Continuous, Connected, Cyclic and Conscious
(Observing your breath)
Step 1: Take eight continuous breaths in a 4C pattern
Step 2: Breathe 4 cycles of “Fo”r Short Breaths and One Long Breath” w” en you can hear the sound of your breath
Step 3: Breathe 4 cycles of “Fo”r Short Breaths and One Long Breath” w” en you can not hear the sound of your breath. This is called breathing in the silence.
Step 4: Go back to normal breathing. Without opening eyes, observe thoughts come and go in your mind.
Here are two simple meditations you can practice. These meditations will help you manage your emotions better, calm your mind and bring your focus to the Present moment.
Meditation 1: ( Time 10-15 min )
- Sit in a comfortable posture or lie down. Gently close your eyes. Take deep breaths. Make sure you concentrate on how you breathe.
- Imagine that with each breath, you inhale positive energies, love, and light inside. Each exhales away all your toxins, bad feelings, negative energies, stress, anxiety.
- Keep doing this until you feel completely cleansed, free from stresses, and relaxed.
Meditation 2: ( Time 10-15 min )
- Sit in a comfortable posture or lie down. Gently close your eyes. Take deep breaths and focus on them.
- Visualize yourself in any peaceful place of nature. Feel the breeze blowing, the grass under your feet. You breathe and look around this beautiful place.
- With your mind clear of any other thought, tell yourself – I am peaceful.
Affirmations are positive statements that can enable you to combat limiting or negative thoughts. When you repeat them often and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes. Affirmations are easy to use and are simply examples of positive self-talk. By changing the way you think over time, you become resistant to unhelpful thinking. And the more positive affirmations you have, the better your life will be.
Here are few affirmations you can use to change your belief systems and negative thought pattern.
Perspective has many definitions, such as understanding what is important and what isn’t the capacity to view things in their true relationship or relative importance. When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at often change. Everything in life happens for a reason. Here are a few suggestions on how to broaden your perspective about the challenges of life.
- Be good at accepting changes. Change is the only constant phenomenon in life. Accept Change.
- Keep moving ahead. Don’t your past baggage of guilt, regret, resentment, and anger pull you back. Let go and Move on.
- Be thankful for all you have. You are always blessed. Keep your heart filled with Gratitude.
- Trust the universal process. We are all being guided and protected at every moment. Have Faith.
- Have a higher perspective and understand the larger plan. We are all a part of that bigger plan. Be Aware.