Building 6-pack abs can seem like a hard day’s task, but it will become a cakewalk in no time with the appropriate activities. Yes, it is not such an uphill battle after all, especially when you know how to hit the right buttons.
So, today we are going to take you through some of the most straightforward six-pack abs exercises that will help you become strong and flexible in no time. We promise; the results will make you jump off your couch every day. So, let us get started!
- Start in a table-top position, with your shoulder over wrists and hips over knees.
- Engage your core and raise your arm. Also, lift your left leg at the same time.
- Flex your foot as you kick back and keep your palm facing your body.
- Keep your arm and leg at the same height as your torso.
- Now, gradually bring the limbs back to the start position.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Side plank with an elevated foot
- Assume a side plank position with your right forearm on the ground. Try to stabilize by keeping your right foot on the floor.
- Brace your core by contracting the abs.
- Lift your left arm and left foot from the floor.
- Hold on to this position for a few seconds.
- Repeat the workout for the best experiences.
Medicine Ball Soccer-Throw-sit-ups
- Lie on your back by holding a medicine ball overhead facing the wall.
- Cut head and shoulders off the floor and squeeze your abs. Lift the ball overhead and slam it against the wall.
- Pick the ball up and lift it off your head.
- Keep your arms outstretched and slowly get back to the initial position.
- Repeat the workout to gain its results instantly.
Hanging windscreen wipers
- Pull down with your lats and engage your shoulders. Hang from an overhead bar.
- Squeeze your anterior core and bring your toes towards the bar.
- Maintain oblique control and move your legs side-by-side. This will help try to keep it together.
- Try not to focus on lowering your legs and twisting your hips.
Slow hanging leg raises
- Stand beneath a bar and reach up by clutching it overhand using both hands.
- Maintain a neutral back and inhale while you engage the ab muscles.
- Raise your legs by bending at the knees. Do not go higher than your waist.
- Now breathe out when you lower your legs in a controlled manner. Remember that your abs need to be engaged.
- Repeat the workout to grab the best results in no time.
Dumbbell side bend
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in your right hand. Your palms should be facing the torso.
- Now, keep your back straight, your core engaged, and then slowly bend as far as possible.
- Now, hold at the bottom by tensing your ab muscles.
- Return to the initial position and repeat the workout instantly.
Swiss Ball ‘Stir The Pot’
- Get into a kneeling position with your forearms resting on a swiss ball.
- Extend each leg until you are in an almost plank-like position on the ball.
- Now, without taking them off the ball, try to rotate your arms gradually in a clockwise manner.
- Repeat the movement with ten rotations for the best experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are these workouts beneficial to perform at home?
Yes. All the workouts that we have listed above for you are helpful in their way. Make sure you opt for them when you want to level up your fitness game. They will work like magic in improving your health.
2. Do I also need to change my diet?
Not necessarily. If you want to continue with your diet, you may. However, it will be wise for you to change your diet and switch to a healthy one so that the workouts can leave lasting impacts on your health and overall fitness.
3. What if I get injured during the workout?
All these workouts are highly convenient, so you are most unlikely to get an injury. However, if you do end up with one, make sure to consult a medical expert at the earliest. It will help avoid any complications.