Cardio workouts are considered to be exercises that accelerate your heart’s rate and make your respiratory system work more enthusiastically than ever before. They help in burning your body calories to a great extent and assisting you in controlling your appetite. In addition, performing these exercises efficiently allows you to sleep peacefully at night.
They also help in preventing high blood pressure, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases too. In addition, they are highly beneficial in lowering bad cholesterol and increasing your body’s metabolic rate to a great extent. Cardio exercises help in relieving symptoms of depression and fatigue too.
Below are some of the best cardio workouts that will prove beneficial in burning up all the extra calories.
The Best Cardio Exercises to accelerate your body and burn down calories:
Burpees are known to be an extremely challenging exercise that works in all of your major muscle groups. This multi-functional workout builds up body strength, boosts your cardio fitness, and burns down your calorie content.
1. Firstly, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your back upright, and your knees arched. This is your starting position.
2. Now, lower your hands so that they are just inside your feet.
3. While being in a push-up position with your body weight in your hands.
4. Now, while keeping your body posture upright, do a push-up.
5. Then, to jump back to the starting position, do a frog kick.
6. Now, stand straight with your arms over your head and jump swiftly to reach back from where it started.
7. Lastly, just as you land back, get into a squat position.
2. Squat Jumps
This type of cardio workout works mainly in lower abs, leg muscles, and glutes. They help improve your body strength and balance, toning your butts, defining your legs, and burning your fat content.
1. Initially, stand with your knees slightly bent and your feet shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
2. Now, to get in a full-squat position, bend your knees.
3. Now extend through your legs and engage your quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes. Propel your body up and off the ground.
4. Now, by going through your foot, drop down and control your landing.
3. Jumping Jacks
This cardio exercise helps keep the blood pressure regular, remove bad cholesterol, and promote better blood circulation throughout the body.
1. Initially, stand straight with your legs joined together and your arms at your sides. This is your starting position.
2. Now bend your knees a little bit and jump. As you jump, layout your legs about shoulder-width apart. While doing so, extend your arms out over your head.
3. Now, return to the starting position.
Other Cardio Workouts include athletic activities like cycling, swimming, running, jumping rope, and many more. These exercises help strengthen your heart, reduce cardiovascular risks, increase your body’s stamina, and boost your mood. They also increase your body’s good cholesterol and decrease bad cholesterol.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Which cardio workout burns the most fat?
Burpees is the best cardio exercise if you want to eliminate all the excess fat in your body. It burns about 1,300 calories every hour of doing the workout.
2. Is 30 minutes of cardio enough?
Yes, 30 minutes of cardio workout is enough to lose your body fat content.
3. Can too much cardio exercise result in a gain of weight?
No, there is no such thing as weight gain while doing too much cardio exercise.
4. Is 2 hours of cardio a day too much?
No, you can easily do 2-3 hours of cardio a day.
5. How long should I do cardio to burn fat?
You should do cardio for at least 150-300 minutes to burn your body fat.
6. Why is too much cardio bad?
Too much cardio is terrible as it can affect your muscle growth severely. It may also break down your muscle tissues.
The Bottom Line:
Cardio workouts are a great way to accelerate your body and burn your body calories. With the proper knowledge about these workouts, you can build up your body strength and reduce fat content in no time! Luckily, the information provided above is enough to allow you to gain the maximum benefits of this workout.