Glute workouts have become the ‘talk of the town’ now. Especially in women, glute exercises are a high demand to gain well-shaped buttocks. But somehow, all the glute exercises you’ve tried so far haven’t been able to deliver results that you expected. This is when Cable Kickbacks fall into the picture.
This exercise is one of the best glute exercises to try out. Let us unleash everything you need to know about it.
What are Cable Kickbacks exercises?
Yes. They are very effective provided you remain consistent with the workout routine.
You can use a pair of saw horses or a workout in a playground to do the dips carefully for your chest. They work wonders.
Yes. It is especially challenging for beginners who will be unable to perform it easily.
Cable Kickbacks exercises are potential glute exercises that are practiced using a cable machine. The workout helps to make your glute muscles stronger and well-toned. The workout concentrates on improving all the three glute muscles (Maximus, medius and minimus) to help boost coordination.
Although the cable kickbacks exercises may appear as easy to perform, they require a lot of skill and expertise to be performed. This is the reason why regular practice is considered key. Several people keep asking what is cable kickbacks exercises, and that is why knowing this is crucial.
Do Kickbacks exercises bring positive results?
If you know with what is cable kickbacks exercise, you might want to learn if they are efficient enough. After trying out a dozen workouts myself, it is easy to conclude that there is nothing better than a cable kickbacks exercise. Not only do they help work the hamstrings but also the glute muscles that help uplift the butt. This is the reason why most people who perform this exercise have a fuller and rounder butt.
Even athletes practice such exercises regularly to maintain their well-structured butt area. More so, such workouts leave a drastic impact on the strength of the legs. As a result, with strong glute muscles, one can jump and run very fast.
How to do cable kickbacks exercise?
At the Gym, you must first get your hands on a potential cable machine that has a low cable pulley. If you have an ankle cuff attachment, that will do. But if you do not have ankle cuff attachment, then you must use ankle straps or a regular handle will also do. Now you might be thinking, how to do cable kickback exercises. Well then, let’s take you through it:
- To gain resistance, take a few steps backward. Now with the other leg, get your support.
- At this point, keep your abs tight and bend your knees a little.
- Now kick your leg back gradually and make sure that your glute contracts at this point. Your hip should also remain extended.
- Keep trying to squeeze the glute by containing it for at least 2 seconds.
- Once that is over, return to the starting position.
The best tips and tricks to keep in mind while performing the exercise
If you’re still thinking, how to do cable kickback exercises with utmost convenience, here’s your ultimate tips and tricks guide to help you out. Remember to follow the instructions just as described.
- Remember that this exercise is mainly to improve your glute muscles so, your primary focus must be this. While performing the exercise focus on squeezing the muscles under load.
- Ideally, the exercise should be performed within 12 to 15 reps. Once that is done, you can successfully move on to increase the resistance.
- Squeeze your glutes as you would do on a cable glute kickback machine. Doing this will help you to gain 81% of muscle contraction.
- Do a full range of motion.
- Finding the ideal weight is not an easy task. So, it might take you some time to do that. Once you do the reps, try and check whether the weight is to light or heavy. As per that, you can balance it out to find your ideal weight.
What are the benefits of cable kickbacks exercise?
Unlike most glute exercises, it delivers profound cable kickback benefits. Each benefit is thus listed below to give you a more vivid detail.
- Focuses on glute muscles– As the sole focus of this exercise is to improve glute muscles and legs, it allows them to be worked out completely. Due to this, it not only helps to make your legs lean but also give your posterior a fuller look. More so, it builds glutes shapely and makes your butt look like never before.
- Improvement in flexibilityand strength- As the muscles are exercised, they tend to become quite strong and more flexible with time. This is one of the best Cable kickback benefits. In this process, it also energies the legs and butt.
- No additional demands needed-Most workouts require an additional demand that can make performing the exercise a daunting task. However, in the case of cable kickbacks, the target areas are small and defined.
- Delivers instant results-With the main focus on glutes and legs, cable kickbacks exercises tend to provide quick results that make the workout so easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
To add weight, you must make sure that you can practice it for at least 10 minutes without any inconvenience. If it doesn’t feel effortful, then the Weight is light. If it feels otherwise, the weight is too heavy. So, to balance it out, make sure the weight feels neither too light nor too heavy. Then you can add it to the machine.
The cable kickback exercises target the hamstrings and glutes maximum.
Well, in that case, it depends on your preference. If you want to maintain your toned butt muscles, you can perform this exercise. However, if you feel it will be difficult, then you skip doing it.