Hip problems are affecting most of us these days. Such a thing is more common along with people who are living their middle adulthood. No matter what remedies you try, nothing seems to work as it should. During such a time, Curtsy lunge can work like magic in treating your hip problems and stabilizing it. This one is a versatile workout that activates the glutes alongside sculpting your butt. If you practice this lunge every day, it is sure to bring lots of benefits to your body. So, let us take you through how you can perform this lunge exercise daily to grab instant results.
What is Curtsy lunge?
Curtsy lunge is an exercise that promises to change the game for you when all else fails. For all those people who are looking to improve their glutes, sculpt their butt and stabilize their hips, this lunge is perfect. With the curtsy lunge exercise, there is no stone left unturned in helping your body develop strength. The curtsy lunge exercise also improves balance in the body by working out the ankles, calves, quads and core. A lot of people assume that performing a curtsy lunge is a daunting task, but that is not true. If you follow the instructions carefully, you will be all set to receive the difference in your body. Keep an eye out for any mistakes while performing the exercise. Remember, even the slightest mistake can bring awful results to you.
Benefits of the Curtsy lunge exercise
There are numerous benefits of this exercise that promise to improve your body and stabilize the muscles. Let us take a look at them.
1. Improves the glutes
The incorporating of several muscles in this workout makes the curtsy lunge exercise improve the glutes instantly. Although it is the gluteus maximus that is the primary focus during this workout, the gluteus Minimus and Medius are also put to work somehow. Thus, the round-shaped appearance and balanced butt occur due to this purpose.
2. Improves balance
When you perform a curtsy lunge, your body balance improves automatically as the quads, core, ankles and calves are all worked out together. You can also observe better muscle activation and proper connection of the mind and body in no time. Thus, there is a maximum improvement that occurs here.
3. Improves the strength of the legs and glutes Due to the activated performance of the legs and glutes, the curtsy lunge exercise seems to benefit them the most. As a result, improved strength of the legs and glutes will soon develop once you begin to perform the workout daily. It also helps your body to practice, like magic, when you play any sport.
How to do a curtsy lunge?
Performing a curtsy lunge is not that difficult. Once you get the hang out it, this exercise will be as easy as a cakewalk. If you have been waiting to know how to do a curtsy lunge, let us dig right into it.
1. Stand with your feet hip-distance apart. Allow your arms to fall on the sides.
2. With your right foot, try to draw a semicircle and move clockwise until it crosses behind your left foot. Make sure that your right toe is tucked. Also, clasp your hands together at your heart.
3. Lunge down as deep as you can, hovering your knees of inches off the ground.
4. Now, gradually return to your initial lunge position.
5. Now, repeat the exercise on the other side. If you have been wondering how to do a curtsy lunge, refer to these steps quickly.
What are the curtsy lunge muscles worked?
While you perform the curtsy lunge, the most crucial question to ask yourself is what are the curtsy lunge muscles that worked? If you do not know about them, here is how to find out.
1. Gluteal- The gluteal muscles are made of three different parts called the gluteus maximus, gluteus Medius and gluteus minimus. The glutes muscles activate all these muscles one by one for better performance of the body.
2. Soleus/ Gastrocnemius- These muscles are located at the back of the leg. These muscles are the ones that act as stabilizers in your body when you perform this exercise. Thus, this is how the curtsy lunge muscles worked.
3. Quadriceps- The four muscles that stand in the middle of your thigh are quads. These muscles get activated when you do any movement, especially when you stand and squat. These muscles are also put to use when we want to straighten our legs. Thus, this is how the curtsy lunge muscles worked.
Such a thing was how you must perform the curtsy lunge exercise and bring the best benefits to the table for yourself. Do not miss them. We promise; they work like magic in need.