A dumbbell Chest workout is a set of variations that focuses mainly on working your chest, building its muscles, and making it more defined. Working your chest with dumbbells allows you to have a more solid and substantial range of motion, leading to more muscle growth. These exercises also tend to help you in maintaining proper balance and promoting development in your body.
They help in building your upper body strength and stabilizing your shoulders. They mainly target your deltoids, pectorals, triceps, and other chest muscles.
Given below is a list of Dumbbell Chest workouts that work like magic and help you get a fitter and more muscular body in no time!
Variations of dumbbell Chest Workout:
1. Chest Bench Press using Dumbbells
1. Y needs to lie down on a bench. Hold dumbbells in each hand, over the side of shoulders. Your palms should be facing in the direction of your feet.
2. Then start lifting the weights above your chest and keep on extending your elbows until both your arms are upright or straight.
3. Now, slowly bring the dumbbells back down to the initial starting position.
Dumbbell Bench Press is genuinely beneficial in boosting your athletic performance and your ability to carry out daily activities quickly. They are also responsible for promoting a more excellent range of motion in your body and increasing your upper body strength.
Several reps you should do- 10 reps.
2. Dumbbell Chest Flyes
1. First, you need to lie down on a flat bench with your head and back steadily pressed against the bench. This should be kept in mind throughout the exercise. Take a dumbbell in each hand. This is the starting position.
2. Then lift your weights above your chest and extend your elbows until they are slightly bent. Your palms and the dumbbells should face each other.
3. Take a deep breath and then slowly lower the weights in an arc position until both your arms are aligned with your chest.
4. Now exhale and lift the weights back up, following the same arc movement.
This exercise is of great use if you want to reduce the tightness of your body muscles, increase your body’s range of motion, improve your posture and reduce upper back pain.
Several reps you should do- 10 reps.
3. One-Arm Offset Dumbbell Bench Press
1. Initially, you need to lie on a flat bench with your left shoulder blade and left glute on the bench and your right shoulder blade and right glute off the surface. Be in a position where only your upper back is lying on the bench.
2. Grab a dumbbell with your right hand and keep a hold on to the bench using your left hand, which should be above your head.
3. Now, lower the dumbbell until your elbow is aligned with your shoulder.
4. Return to the initial starting position.
This exercise helps in boosting up your body strength and stabilizing your shoulders. It is also beneficial in increasing your muscle activation and improving your body’s movement.
Number of reps you should do- 10 reps each side
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are dumbbells better for my chest?
Of course, dumbbells are great for your chest as they honestly guarantee a defined and well-built body, with greater muscle activation and more upper body strength.
Therefore, you should add Dumbbell chest workouts to your daily workout routine without having second thoughts!
2. How can I build my chest at home using dumbbells?
It is pretty simple. Suppose you want to have a more prominent and well-defined chest while working out at home. In that case, the above-listed exercises are the perfect options for you as they are pretty straightforward and non-hectic and do not require any special apparatus except for dumbbells and a flat bench.
3. Is dumbbell bench press effective?
Yes, the dumbbell bench press is considered very effective as it helps you obtain a very eminent and muscular body, along with many more functions.