Amidst all the full-body exercises you perform every day, Goblet Squat is the best for you. Such a workout is a mass favorite for its beginner-level instructions and minimal hindrance that allows people to have a great workout experience. People who target the quads, glutes, hamstrings and calves can conveniently make use of this workout.
If you are ready to learn about this workout, let us help you get on with it. In this article, you will discover all about this squat variation that will change your fitness game forever!
What is the Goblet Squat?
Goblet squat is a squat variation that also helps you to add resistance to your workout. It is incredible for those who want a full range of motion without making several mistakes. That is why it is a beginner-level workout. However, even experienced individuals can perform this workout without thinking twice.
Goblet squat is to target the glutes, legs and core. However, it also serves as a cardiovascular fitness workout. This squat variation also targets our primary muscle groups for the best results.
What are the benefits of a Goblet Squats?
The best part about the goblet squat is that it is a full-body workout. So, when you perform this workout, you can derive results for all your body parts. Such a thing is absent in other exercises where you can only extract benefits for a specific muscle group even after working out for hours. The workout also engages the core, hamstrings and other muscles in our body.
If you are looking for that extra energy in your body, this squat variation can help immensely. It also leaves a positive impact on your shoulder and forearms. So, you will be able to see the results in no time.
How to perform a goblet squat?
When you are heading to perform the goblet squat, all you need is a kettlebell or a dumbbell. These are the two pieces of equipment you need handy with you. Now, make sure that when you are performing this workout, you concentrate on the instructions. Following the instructions for the exercise can help you extensively in acquiring instant results. So, do not delay.
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart. At this point, your toes should be inward.
2. Now, grab a kettlebell with both your hands. Keep it near your chest. At this point, hold the handles as if you were cupping the goblet. Now, bend your elbow so that the goblet is right at the centre of your chest.
3. Now, warm-up by applying a lighter kettlebell. Once you do that, move on to a heavier tool.
4. Engage your core and look into the horizon. At this point, your back must be straight while your eyes remain where they are.
5. Now, press your hips back and begin bending your knees to perform the squat. Make sure that when you go down, you breathe in.
6. When you are doing the workout, remember to keep the kettlebell close to your body.
7. Keep in mind that your chest is tall when you press your hips back and begin to bend.
8. Your weight must remain evenly across your feet. Make sure that you do not come up on your toes when you squat.
9. Check your position at the bottom of the squat. At this point, your elbow should be inside and your knees at the lowest point of the squat.
10. Press through the heels and reverse the motion to return to the initial position. Now, make sure you breathe out as you rise. Also, make sure you keep your hips pressed forward at the top of the squat. Such a thing will help engage your glutes properly.
11. Now, complete a whole set like this for the goblet squat. Repeat the workout for the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the goblet squat a safe workout?
Yes. However, make sure to follow the instructions. Such a thing will help ensure full safety without any worries.
2. Is the exercise useful for biceps and shoulders?
Yes, it is.
The bottom line
If you are waiting to kickstart the goblet squat exercise, follow this article as a comprehensive guide for the same. We promise; you will not be disappointed.