The High Pull is known to be an effective plyometric exercise that involves the use of dumbbells. This compound workout mainly targets your upper body and posterior muscles. But, the high pull is regarded as one the best power-building exercises ever invented. This is because it is known to work your entire body! It works your quadriceps, hamstrings, triceps, biceps, trapezius, deltoids, calves, glutes, hip flexors, and so many more muscles. This workout has numerous health benefits too. It helps in building core and hip strength as well as stability. The main motive of this workout is to create a great deal of strength and power in your body.
Given below is the ultimate guide on how to perform the High Pull exercise easily and without any hindrance.
How To Perform The High Pull Exercise Like A Pro:
The High Pull Exercise is known to effectively work almost all the major muscle groups of your body. Given below is all you need to know about this exercise to excel in its performance.
1. Initially, your feet should be shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand using an overhand grip with your palms facing you. Your hips should be pushed back a little, and your upper body should slightly bend forward. Your arms should be extended, and the dumbbells should be in front of your knees. Remember to keep your back straight and chest lifted. This is your starting position.
2. Get on the balls of your feet and stretch out your legs dynamically to generate more power.
3. Then, bring your hips in the front direction while simultaneously making your back upright.
4. Now bend your arms and pull the dumbbells near to your body. Ensure that your feet are in complete contact with the floor.
5. Now return to the starting position.
Key Benefits Of The High Pull:
1. The High Pull is considered a compound exercise as it works almost all the major muscle groups of your body. It mainly targets your upper body as well as lower body muscles. These include triceps, biceps, calves, glutes, quads, hamstrings, and many more essential muscles.
2. It is known to be a power-building exercise as its main motive is to build power and strength within people to perform daily and athletic activities at ease. The significant boost of energy allows you to do a great deal of work with minimum effort and will enable you to generate force more quickly.
3. Due to the involvement of an explosive movement, this exercise trains your body to perform other advanced explosive movements with minimal effort.
If you are perfectly comfortable while performing the traditional High Pull, feel free to try out the following variations:
1. One-Arm Dumbbell High Pull- This version of the classic High Pull involves one dumbbell instead of two. While doing this exercise, your hips and shoulders should always face in the forward direction. You should also avoid rotating your body to attain the maximum benefits.
2. Squat To Dumbbell High Pull- This exercise is an advanced variation of the High Pull. This is because it involves adding a squat before explosively raising the weights as high as possible.
Things To Keep In Mind:
1. the essential thing to do before performing the High Pull is to undergo a quick workout session. This should be done to prevent the risk of any injury and increase your body’s range of motion.
2. Always remember to start with dumbbells with a low weight to avoid any injury, stress, or strain.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How many High Pulls should I do?
Should you do at least 2-5 sets of 2-6 reps of High Pulls?
2. Does the High Pull work the entire body?
Yes, the High Pull is a compound exercise that works your entire body.
3. Is the High Pull effective?
Yes, the High Pull exercise is regarded as one of the most effective and beneficial exercises ever to exist.