A Squat is considered to be a strength exercise in which you crouch down with your knees. The back of your knees should nearly come in contact with your butt, or you can crouch down and then stand up again. This can also be done with weights or dumbbells. Squats work your lower body muscles- Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Calves, Gluteus Maximus, Minimus, Medius as well as your core muscles- erector spinae, obliques, rectus abdominis. Doing squats will strengthen your core and strengths of your body, burn calories, lower the risk of injury and many more functions.
Below is the ultimate guide on Doing Squats properly, which will enrich your body with strength!
How to do Squats efficiently and adequately:
Mentioned below are some steps which will usher you to ace Squats in no time!
1. You need to be comfortable while doing this exercise. Therefore, I would advise you to choose a foot stance which you can easily perform. If you are unsure whether the view you have selected is perfect for the exercise, you can stand by keeping your feet shoulder-width apart. But always remember that your feet should point at least 15 degrees in the outward direction.
2. Tighten your abs as if someone is just about to punch you there. Always remember to look forward and stand still and straight.
The above steps add up to be the initial position for performing Squats.
3. While crouching down, you should bend your knees and make sure your butt is moving backwards. Keep your knees aligned with your toes. All the bending and crouching involved will be for the lower part of your body; your upper body should remain still and straight at all times.
4. Bend down slowly, keeping the above things said, in mind and once you are bent, reach up back to the starting position.
1. Strengthens your Lower Body Muscles
Practising this exercise almost regularly will boost up your energy and strengthen levels to a great extent. Once you get more acquainted to perform this exercise, you will find lifting heavy things and bending a whole lot effortless and trouble-free.
2. Lowers the Risk of Injuries
Incorporating squats in your daily workout routine will help you intensify your bones, tissues and ligaments, which will indeed be beneficial in lowering your risk of injuries to a great extent.
3. Useful in burning calories
Performing this exercise is truly beneficial in burning up all the extra calories in your body as it is a highly intensified exercise that involves compound movements.
4. Strengthens the core of your body
Another reason you should include squats in your workout routine is that it helps strengthen your core muscles. Solid and powerful core muscles improve your body posture, maintain body balance and make activities like turning, lifting and bending a whole lot easier.
Mistakes to avoid while doing squats
1. You should always do some warm-up exercises before performing squats as it increases your body’s heart rate and temperature and mobilizes your muscle joints. Doing exercises without a warm-up can lead to injuries and, therefore, must be done at all costs.
2. You should always finish a squat as not completing it restricts you from getting its full advantages and increasing the risk of injuries.
3. You should always keep your upper body still and straight while doing squats, as it allows you to reap all the benefits of this workout.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many squats should I do every day?
This depends on your body capacity, but it is always advised to start by doing three sets of 2-15 reps per day.
2. Is it okay to do squats every day?
Of course, you can do squat every day, and it will only prove beneficial for your body.
3. Does squats reduce thigh fat?
Yes, squats effectively reduce the fat accumulated in your thighs as they mainly work the lower part of your body.