Best biceps are the road to attaining your dream body, isn’t it? But tell me something, do you think that the exercises you perform are enough for your biceps? Of course, not. Your strong biceps require lots of workouts and not just any workout, an efficient one. That is the reason why so many gym freaks end up experimenting with new bicep exercises daily. But don’t worry. You do not have to do that.
Today, we are introducing to you the ace of all bicep exercises that can change the game for you forever. Let us learn how to perform the preacher curl like a professional!
The ace of all bicep exercises
The preacher curl is a bicep exercise that promises to work out the muscle in your body effectively. The preacher curl workout aims at isolating your bicep. It also helps in exerting ample force against an external object. Such a thing enables your biceps to gain strength rapidly, without any hindrance. The preacher curl exercise is named so as it is performed on a preacher curl machine. When you incorporate this exercise into your fitness routine, you boost the chances of gaining your dream body faster. The best part is that you can enhance the potentiality of the workout by adding a fusion to it. The dumbbell preacher curl is one such fusion exercise you can practice daily for best results.
Benefits that turn the tables for you
There is a reason why numerous people opt for preacher curl on an everyday basis. Here is why!
- Activates the bicep head and overloads the full shortened end range of movement.
- Isolates the biceps by preventing swinging.
- The pressing against the pad makes room for increasing mechanical and muscular tension.
- More effective than dumbbell or barbell curls.
- It also does not leave room for cheating that helps improve the body instantly.
How to perform the preacher curl exercise?
The preacher curl exercise is no uphill battle. If you implement the steps right, you will not be far from your goal. Always remember to follow the instructions so that there is no stone left unturned. Nevertheless, you will undoubtedly gain your dream body in no time.
- Sit on the preacher bench and adjust the height. Your armpits should be touching the top of your slopped section.
- Hold the weight with an underhand grip. Your arms must be extended.
- Pause for a second at the top of the curl. Gradually, lower the weight until your arms are extended once again.
- Count three seconds as you lower.
- Your feet must be on the floor. Your torso and shoulders must be straight.
- Repeat the preacher curl exercise a few times for the desired effect.
How to perform the Barbell preacher curl exercise?
What happens when you fuse the preacher curl with some other potential exercise? It becomes even better!
The barbell preacher curl exercise is no ordinary workout. It is the door to attaining your dream body quickly. In case a lot of people have asked you not to practice it because it is no cakewalk, don’t worry. That is only an assumption. In reality, the exercise is incredibly convenient to perform if you follow the instructions line-by-line.
- Start by adjusting the seat on the preacher bench so that your upper arms rest comfortably on the padding when you are seated.
- Load the desired weight on the barbell.
- Sit on the preacher bench and hold the barbell with your hand, shoulder-width apart. Use your underhand to do it.
- Keep your back straight and your eyes should be resting forward. Take the weight off the rack and pull it close.
- You must lift the barbell until your forearms are at a right angle to the floor.
- Squeeze the bicep and then gradually lower the barbell back to the initial position.
- Repeat the barbell preacher curl exercise a few times to gain the desired effect.
How to perform the dumbbell preacher curl exercise?
The dumbbell preacher curl exercise is a game-changing workout due to its various benefits. All you have to do is incorporate this exercise into your daily fitness routine and see the difference for yourself. We promise; it is going to be worth the wait. So, if you are looking for your dream body right now, this is all you will ever need.
- Sit on the preacher bench with one dumbbell in hand.
- Turn your palm forward and bend your elbow. The dumbbell should thus, face the shoulder. Also, rest your forearm flat on the bench.
- When you lower the dumbbell, breathe in.
- When you curl the dumbbell to the initial position, breathe out.
- Repeat the dumbbell preacher curl exercise a few times for the desired results. Don’t forget to try it with your opposite arm as well.
What are the best preacher curl alternatives to try?
Most people do not have a preacher curl machine at home. Sometimes, even the gym does not have it. What does someone do at such a point? Don’t worry, the preacher curl alternatives will come to your rescue!
Cable overhead grip
This exercise is a tricky one as it requires a comprehensive understanding of how to perform it correctly. People do tend to take a lot of time to understand how to build muscle tension and work the muscles better. But once you get it right, there is nothing like it.
Cable crucifix curl
Another terrific alternative to preacher curl is the cable crucifix curl exercise. You can perform this workout on a cable machine that helps target the bicep head rightly. Don’t miss out on this one if you are looking to gain potential biceps in no time. These were some of the best preacher curl alternatives for you.
These were some of the best preacher curl exercises for you to try out. Do not miss them!
1. Can you name one more preacher curl alternative for me?
2. Is barbell preacher curl exercise good enough for adults?
Yes. Follow the instructions. You will see the results soon.