The prison workout has been doing the rounds for quite some time now. Most people who do not know what a prison workout is associate it with a prisoner’s exercise. Well, they are correct! The prisoner workout is inspired by a famous prisoner, Charles Branson, who maintained his size and strength even inside the prison for seven long years.
So, if you are curious to know more about this workout and this man managed to do it all inside the prison, you are at the right place. Today, we are going to take you through the best prison workout with us!
Why the prison workout is the need of the hour?
The lockdown and the pandemic have forced people to cage themselves in their homes to combat the virus. During this time, many people are falling lazy with nothing to do. However, this is the best time for you to maintain your fitness and get back on track with minimal cravings. Since your favorite restaurants are shut, and the quest for ordering outside goods is also minimal, this is the best time to focus on your diet and build your body at home. A prisoner’s workout is the perfect way to make it happen.
The workout that we will show you today is simple, convenient, and can be performed straight at home. So, you do not have to worry about anything. All you have to do is follow the instructions and perform the exercises as we have listed below. In no time, you will be able to see the results for yourself. Trust me; it works like magic.
These areas a few exercises you need to perform for this workout-
- Dips- Dips are a possible way of building the type of body you want from this workout. You have to make sure to perform these exercises gradually. Keep in mind that you control them without any thinking. Since it helps build tension well, it can come in handy for you in many ways.
Place two chairs slightly wider than leg length apart. Now, use both hands to hold the top of the back area. Now, bend your arms. Sink your upper body towards the floor, and do not touch the floor. Bring the body back up again in a controlled motion. Now, keep your back straight. Rest for 30seconds between the sets and perform them in 1- to 15 reps.
- Squats- Squat has been one of Branson’s favorite workouts. He often had two men sitting on him while he squatted in prison. But you do not have to go so hard on yourself. For starters, the basics will do. By performing squats, you can build balance and strengthen up your back like never before.
Put your arms straight out in front of you. It should be parallel to the floor with your chest up. Your spine should also be in a neutral position. Make sure your entire body is tight all the time. Now, try to breathe deeply and break at your hip. Now, push your butt back. Keep sending your hips backward as your knees start to bend. As you squat down, try to keep your knees in line. Three sets of 10 to 15 reps are sufficient for this one.
- Band-Pull Apart- Now, if you are trying to build muscle, this exercise will help you. If you do not have a band at home, you can also use a towel or a vest. Follow the steps carefully for the workout to yield results.
Stand up straight and hold an exercise band out in both your hands. It should be at your chest height. Your hands should be shoulder-width apart at this point. Pull the band apart now and squeeze your shoulder blades together. Once that is done, return to the first position. Make sure to do at least five sets of 30 reps for this one.
- Wide-grip pull-ups- These are the best exercises to perform when you want to improve your muscle tone. By practicing this workout, you can build a potential body and activate your muscles like never before. All you have to do is follow the instructions carefully for more.
Hold The pull-up bar with your palms facing outward. Your arms should extend well. Also, your hands should be far apart. Now, squeeze the shoulder blades together. Breathe out and bring your elbows to your hips. Carefully get to the starting position. Now, repeat the process. Around three sets of five reps are sufficient for this one.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What other exercises should I perform?
Step-ups, Butt clenches, Ab exhale are some of the exercises you should perform. You can also practice Star jumps, Burpees, and Sit-ups for the best experience.
- Should I do a warm-up?
Yes. It would help if you did a warm-up of about 10 minutes to half an hour before starting the workout.
- Is it effective?
Yes, it is.
The prisoner’s workout is the best way to build a healthy body without hitting the gym timely. You can perform these workouts at any point inside your personal space. We promise; it works!