Many people report suffering from weak quads. Such a thing occurs because they do not exercise this body part enough. The quadriceps are not only vital for active leg performance but also back maintenance. But if you have never tried it out, no worries. Today, you can learn the trick of maintaining them with us as we teach you how to perform a quad stretch. Yes, this one is a helpful workout that can help improve the range of motion drastically. It also enables you to figure out how to work out all the three muscles in the quadriceps correctly.
An ace of all leg exercises
A group of muscles in front of the thigh is called quadriceps. The four different muscles in the quads, rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus medialis, and vastus intermedius, work together to help the quads function successfully. These are put to use during those activities that require intense leg workout. Hiking, running, walking, jumping are some of the activities where this muscle is worked at maximum. To help maintain it, we have a few exercises figured out already that will help you ace your leg performances in no time. We are going to introduce a host of quad stretch variations like the lying quad stretch that will do the job.
How to perform lying quad stretch?
The lying quad stretch is an easy exercise that you can try at home with minimal inconvenience. The convenient instructions for this exercise will add more fun to your daily fitness regime. Incorporate this workout into your daily fitness routine for ample benefits. The risk of injuries and weak movements will be gone forever. Before you begin the exercise, make sure to perform a 5minute warm-up exercise to activate your muscles. Since this exercise is going to keep you going for long, you do not want your muscles to get exhausted instantly. Such a thing is why a warm-up can work wonders before a workout.
1. Lie on your left side with your legs straight. Make sure to support your head with the right arm. Remember to keep yourself in a straight line.
2. Bend your right leg. When you do this, use your right hand to bring your foot close to your buttocks. Once you breathe out, gradually pull your right leg backward until you feel a stretch in front of your thigh. Your right knee should point towards your extended left foot. Do not raise your right leg. Make sure to hold the stretch between 30 to 40 seconds.
3. When you straighten your right leg to the initial position, make sure to breathe in. Relax for around 15 to 30seconds.
4. Repeat the lying quad stretch at least two to five times at once for the utmost benefits.
How to perform a standing quad stretch?
The standing quad stretch is a convenient workout that you can do without a second thought. Best for beginners, this exercise requires the only chair for the workout. Thus, you do not have to worry about investing a fortune in equipment. Focus on the instructions so that you will ace the exercise like no other.
1. Stand on one leg. In case you need assistance, a chair can do the job.
2. As you bend your right knee, bring your heel toward your buttock.
3. Try to reach out to your ankles using the left hand.
4. stand up straight and try to pull in your ab muscles. Make sure that both your knees are close to each other. At this point, try to relax your muscles. When you hold your leg in the bent position, you will be able to feel a slight tug along the front of your thigh and hip.
5. Inhale and hold the stretch for around 20 to 30 seconds. Release the quad stretch and repeat it on the opposite leg.
6. Repeat the standing quad stretch regularly to acquire its standout benefits.
How to perform a walking quad stretch?
If you are looking to activate your muscles, leg and upper back, there cannot be a better quad
stretch variation than this one. The walking quad stretch is a fit pick for individuals who love working out. With this easy-to-do exercise, you will only be an inch away from your fitness goals. So, let us try out how to do it.
1. Stand in a straight position and raise one foot towards the glutes. Grab it with the opposite hand behind your back.
2. Breathe out as you pull the foot up. Such a thing will help to enhance the stretch on the quads. Reach straight up with your unused hand to stretch the Lats. Once you do that, press up onto toes so that your ankles get activated.
3. Lower yourself out of the calf and reach both arms overhead. Step forward into a lunge position and maintain an upright torso.
4. Push back to the initial position and repeat the walking quad stretch on the next leg.
These were some of the best quad stretch variations to try at home. If you are looking to improve your leg performance immediately, do not miss this one. It works!
- What mistake should I try and avoid while performing the standing quad stretch?
While you do the standing quad stretch, try to avoid bouncing, locking your knees and arching your back. These are some of the things that can disrupt your workout and cause injuries.
2. Does the walking quad stretch help avoid injuries?
Yes, it does.