Ronnie Coleman is an American retired professional bodybuilder who was born on May 13, 1964, in Monroe, Louisiana, the U.S. He is considered to be the winner of Mr Olympia for the consecutive eight years. He is also named ‘the greatest and one of the two greatest bodybuilders’ along with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Ronnie Dean Coleman was born on 13 May 1964, in Monroe, Louisiana, the U.S. He graduated with a degree in BSc in accounting from Grambling state university in 1984. After graduating, he failed to get a job as an accountant and used to work at dominos pizza where he used to eat a complimentary pizza because he was poor. He then became a police officer serving in Arlington, Texas from 1989 to 2000 and served as a reserve officer in the year 2003.
Ronnie Coleman met a French-Lebanese personal trainer Rouaida Christine Achkar and they got married on December 28, 2007, but they got divorced soon after. Ronnie Coleman again married an American-based personal trainer Susan Williamson on April 11, 2016, and together they have four kids.
When Ronnie Coleman was in police service his fellow officer Gustave Arlotta suggested he attend a gym named Metroflex gym which was owned by Brain Dobson. Dobson offered him free lifetime membership of his gym if he allows Dobson to train him for an upcoming 1990 bodybuilding competition named Mr Texas bodybuilding competition. After a long time of training, he participated and won Mr Texas namely in all categories including heavy weight lifting. In 1995 Ronnie Coleman won the Canada pro cup as a professional and later on won the Russian Grand Prix in 1997.
After the win in the 1990 Mr Texas bodybuilding contest, he participated in various powerlifting competitions, and before becoming a professional bodybuilder his rise as a professional was quite slow.
He participated in one of the most prestigious contests that are Mr Olympia in the year 1992 but he wasn’t ranked, later he ranked 15th position in the same competition in 1994 and 10th in 1995, 6th in 1996, and 9th in 1997. It was Dorian Yates’s sixth and last Mr Olympia win later in the year 1998 after defeating Kenneth Wheeler Ronnie Coleman won the competition which he substantially defended all way through 2005. He was also the first man to win the both Arnold Classic and Mr Olympia in the year 2001. Coleman’s win in Mr Olympia came to an end in the year 2006 when Jay Cutler who was the runner-up for three consecutive years finally win Mr Olympia in the year 2006.
HIS PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDING CAREER
Coleman’s successful professional bodybuilder career has led to many endorsements and opened other opportunities in his life. He has also made many guest appearances in many gym openings around the United States. He has also made three training videos which are named the unbelievable, cost of redemption, and on the road. In these three videos, he has mentioned his famous lifts.
The extreme weights which were lifted Ronnie Coleman during powerlifting and bodybuilding took a toll on his body, he used to lift around 800 lbs which are around 300 or 400 kg. he underwent multiple surgeries since 2007. He had two hip replacements and damaged intervertebral discs due to which had to undergo various attempts at alleviating chronic chest pain. Some of his surgeries cost him around 2 million dollars and gave poor outcomes that he will not be able to walk again, he uses a wheelchair to travel long distances. However, he says that he has no regrets as he was dedicated to becoming a professional bodybuilder. Despite his deteriorated condition he still trains.
In the year 2011, Ronnie Coleman launched his signature series a company that provides sports nutrition and wellness products for bodybuilders and other athletes. In the year 2018, a Netflix documentary was released on Coleman titled Ronnie Coleman: The King, it was documented by Vlad Yudin.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE LIFE OF RONNIE COLEMAN
1. The Year 1990: Mr Texas
2. The year 1991: world amateur championship
3. The year 1995 and 1996: Canada pro cup
4. The year 1997: Russian Grand Prix
5. The year 1998 to 2006: Mr Olympia
6. The year 2007: Mr Olympia (4th runner-up)
FAMOUS SAYING BY RONNIE COLEMAN THE KING
1. My supplements are similar to my training, I always commit to becoming a better version of myself.
2. Bodybuilding is about building your body. whether you do it to maintain your fitness levels, climb Everest, run the marathon, or be a competitive bodybuilder is up to you.
3. I work out every body part twice, that’s what helps me to be in shape.
4. The gym is one of the few places where I can just be myself without any hindrances and inhibitions.
5. Father time and injuries are formidable adversaries.
6. If you always do what you’ve always done, you will always get what you have always got.
7. You need to have people who believe in you. With this support, what you can achieve is limitless.
8. Hard work and training. There is no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best.
9. Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift that heavy weight.
10. When you hit failure, your workout has just begun.
These were certain sayings by King Ronnie Coleman who had seen a lot of failures and still worked hard to get where he is today. He is also known as the king and the goat.