Bodyweight exercises are a mass-favourite for their humungous benefits. For starters, they provide coordination, flexibility, stability and endurance during a workout. Plus, you do not require any equipment to perform them. What is even better is that you can practice these workouts without having to hit the gym daily.
Explore the top 15 at-home bodyweight workouts with us to up your fitness game right away!
Bodyweight exercises are simple, effective and bring instant results. They help boost energy levels and become fit instantly. That is why most fitness freaks like to start with these workouts every time. All you have to do is hold your bodyweight to perform these exercises. Thus, the risk of injury is also minimal.
So, if you are a beginner and worrying about the workout, do not worry. Almost all of these exercises suit you as well!
- Stand with your feet parallel. You can also stand with the feet turned out 15 degrees from each other.
- Start by bending on the hips and knees until your thighs are at least parallel to the floor.
- Your heels should not rise from the ground.
- Press through your heels to get back up.
- This is the best beginner-level workout to perform at home.
- Get on all fours and place your hands slightly wider than your shoulder.
- Straighten out your arms and legs.
- Lower your body until your chest almost touches the floor.
- Pause and then return up.
- Repeat the workout.
- Begin in a press-up position.
- Jump forward and make both legs return next to your hands.
- Get back up to the start position.
- Helps your lower-body massively by pumping blood to almost all parts.
4. Skater hops
- Start from the left and then jump to the right. Make sure you go as far as you can.
- Get back on your right foot and try to resist touching the other.
- Now, repeat the step to land on the other foot.
- It is a hands-down at-home exercise.
- Start in a low squat position.
- Now, kick your feet back to a push-up.
- Complete one push-up and return your feet to a squat position.
- Jump up as far as possible and move back into the push-up.
- It is one of the best beginner exercises to start.
6. Arm Circles
- Extend your arms by your sides and stand tall. Make sure your arms are perpendicular to the torso.
- Now, make clockwise circles about 1 foot in diameter for around 20 to 30 seconds.
- Now, reverse the movement.
- Fortunately, it is the easiest of all to perform. So, all beginners can start with this one without thinking twice.
7. Frozen V-sit
- Lie down on the ground with your arms and legs stretched out. Your hands and legs should be off the floor.
- Start the workout by raising your torso at the same time as your legs come up to your feet.
- Hold on to this position for around ten seconds.
- If you’ve been craving those 6-pack abs, this is how to get it!
- Get a bench and put your right foot on the surface.
- Make sure your right leg is straight.
- Return to the start position.
- Repeat by doing ten to twelve reps on each side.
- This is another potential beginner-level workout.
9. Donkey Whips
- Start on all fours and lift your right leg behind you.
- Now, bring your right leg to the right side and then back to the middle.
- Repeat on the other end.
- Hold the dip bars with your palms and put your arms straight.
- Now, lower until your elbows are on the right side. Make sure they do not flare out.
- Get back up and repeat the workout.
11. Forward Lunges
- Stand up. Make sure your feet are together.
- Now, take a massive leap forward with your right foot. Bend your right leg until your front thigh is parallel to the floor. Your back knee should hardly contact the ground.
- Now, push up through your back front heel and get back up.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Lie on the ground and bend your knee.
- Put your hands behind your head and tense your core when you lift your torso.
- Lower yourself and get back up to the start position.
- Repeat the workout for the best experience.
13. Fire hydrants
- Begin the workout on all fours.
- Now, raise your right leg to the side and keep your knee bent. Your knee should reach hip height.
- Lower to begin and hover your knee above the floor.
- Repeat on the other side.
14. Handstand wall walk
- Get in a handstand position with your feet against the wall.
- Move your hands forward and walk down the wall until you get to the bottom.
- It is one fun exercise to perform at home.
15. Trunk rotations
- Begin in a high plank and engage your core.
- Your left knee should come underneath your body towards your right elbow by twisting your torso slightly.
- Repeat the workout on alternative ends.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to show results?
People who practice the workout daily and follow a healthy diet can observe results within six months. However, you may start to notice changes by three months minimum.
- Can women do bodyweight workouts?
Of course! Both men and women can engage in developing strong muscles by performing this workout daily.
- Do I need a trainer for this?
Not really! A guided tutorial and the instructions we have listed above are enough for you.