Kratom is an herbal supplement that different people enjoy in a variety of ways. Eventually, it depends on your personal preference as to which method you want to go with. However, a growing number of people are beginning to use kratom in the form of tea.
Kratom tea is exactly what it sounds like. It is prepared by brewing kratom leaves/powder with a variety of spices/herbs.
Benefits of Kratom Tea
People use this tea for a variety of conditions. Mostly people use it as a replacement for regular tea and coffee. It gives them the much-needed surge of energy essential to stay productive throughout the day.
Depending on the type of kratom powder used, the effects can fall anywhere between stimulating, relaxing, and energizing.
On that note, let’s check out some famous how to make kratom tea –
1. Kratom Lemon Honey Tea
For this particular recipe, you are going to need your preferred kratom dose, ½ liter water,
half a lemon, and honey as per taste.
How to Prepare –
- Pour water into a pot and wait until it comes to boil. Turn the heat down and let it simmer for a while.
- Add kratom powder and let it simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add honey and lemon juice and keep simmering it for a couple of more minutes. It’s best to add these ingredients towards the end rather than at the beginning because boiling can destroy the healthy properties of honey and lemon.
- Turn off the heat. Pour the tea from the pot, strain it, and enjoy.
2. Kratom Mint Tea
For this recipe, you are going to need all the same ingredients as mentioned in the earlier recipe with the addition of a teaspoon of mint leaves. You can also use a tea bag for added convenience.
The preparation can help with digestion and regulate cholesterol levels. Peppermint is supposed to offer relief from bloating and gas pain. It may also induce a ‘feel-good’ sensation.
How to prepare –
- Bring water to boil and let it simmer for a while.
- Toss in mint and kratom.
- Let it simmer for around 20 minutes.
- For a more flavorful recipe, add lemon and honey. If you want, you can also go with stevia.
- Turn off the heat, strain the tea and enjoy.
You can also go with a mint and green tea mix. However, keep in mind that green tea contains caffeine. With kratom, it can have an amplified stimulating effect. Therefore, if you do use this mix, be sure to adjust kratom dose so you don’t end up getting jitters or any unnecessary side-effects.
Avoid using Red Bali kratom with this mix. Do not consume it near the evening as it may interfere with sleep.
3. Kratom Chamomile Tea Recipe
This particular recipe requires kratom (in your preferred dose), chamomile tea bag, half a liter of water, and honey or any other sweetener of your choice. Instead of a tea bag, you can also go with half a teaspoon dried chamomile flower.
How to Prepare –
- Heat the water and bring it to boil. After that, turn down the heat and let it simmer for a while.
- Add kratom and simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Add chamomile to a different pot and pour strained kratom tea to it. Let it steep for around 7 minutes.
- Add honey or sweetener as per taste.
- Tea is ready.
Note – For a stronger kick, we recommend adding more chamomile flowers instead of letting the tea bag steep longer than usual because that can make tea bitter. Also, make sure you are not allergic to chamomile.
4. Kratom Yerba Mate Tea
You are going to need kratom powder, half a cup of yerba mate tea, half a liter of water, and a sweetener as per taste.
How to Prepare –
- Add yerba mate and kratom powder in a French press.
- Add a dash of cold water so yerba mate leaves become moist.
- Pour water into a separate pot and bring it to boil.
- Let it rest for around 30 seconds so that water is no longer boiling before pouring it into a French press.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes and strain the tea.
- Add sweetener to your taste. You can also add lime juice for an added kick and flavor.
5. Kratom Masala Chai Recipe
For this recipe, you will need – ¼ liter water, milk, shredded ginger (half tsp), cinnamon powder (half tsp), ¼ tsp star anise and clove powder, a pinch of nutmeg, and sweetener as per your taste.
How to Prepare –
- Add all the aforementioned spices to water and bring it to boil.
- Add milk and boil it once again.
- Add kratom powder and let the mix simmer for a good 20 minutes.
- Towards the end, add honey so it can melt nicely.
- Take the pot off the heat and strain the tea.
How to choose the right kratom powder
Whatever results you desire from kratom tea will depend largely on the kind of kratom powder you choose. If you go with any of the red-veined variety; you can expect the results to be more relaxing.
White-veined leaves are supposed to be more energetic. Therefore, choose wisely before trying any recipe. For more information, check our kratom crazy – an online kratom store that ships all across the United States.