To work out the triceps is not an easy-lazy thing. It takes a lot of effort to get it right and hit the buttons accurately. But nothing beats an efficient workout that can help you get the hang of any exercise right within a moment. One such workout is the triceps pushdown.
The triceps pushdown is highly effective for building triceps strength. Whether you want to use a resistance band or a dumbbell, you can try all the variations. Let us take a look at how this exercise is going to change the game for you!
The art of performing a triceps pushdown
Whenever we think of triceps exercises, the first workout that hits our mind is the triceps pushdown. This exercise is known for all the right reasons. For starters, it fits perfectly for all individuals who are looking for beginner to advanced level exercises. Whether you want to perform this exercise on a cable machine or a resistance band, it allows you to workout at your comfort. Thus, it is a mass favourite for many reasons.
All you have to do is focus on how you are doing each step. Thus, you do not make room for any complications. Apart from that, you are all set to work out right without any hesitation. Triceps pushdown rope is one of the most beneficial variants of this exercise.
How to perform a triceps pushdown rope?
If you are looking to build hands-down strength and muscles in your triceps, the triceps pushdown rope exercise is all you need. The workout is an isolation exercise that promises to bring instant benefits without any delay. If you are worried about whether you will perform this exercise, do not worry, as this is a beginner-level workout for you.
1. Attach a double rope handle to the highest notch on the cable.
2. Then, stand with one foot forward for balance and grip the rope handles while tucking in your arms to the sides.
3. Now, push the rope down by extending your triceps and hold for two seconds. Try not to lock out your elbows. Exhale during this time of the workout.
4. Now, gently extend your forearms back up until they are parallel to the ground. Inhale during this part of this workout.
5. Repeat the triceps pushdown rope exercise a few times.
The best-ever Cable pushdown rope benefits
The cable pushdown rope benefits your body and gives you overall strength and endurance. It also helps engage your core, back and shoulders. However, many people tend to make some common mistakes that you need to keep an eye out for. Make sure that you avoid those mistakes as far as you can. The best way to make this happen is to follow the instructions properly without any hindrance.
1. Stand by facing the machine and hold the horizontal cable bar attachment. Make sure to do this with an overhand grip. Once you do that, keep in mind that the bar is adjusted to your chest level.
2. Set a relatively low weight to begin.
3. Start by bracing the abs.
4. Tuck your elbows in your sides and keep your feet apart.
5. Breathe in before you push down until your elbows are extended. Your elbow must be in close contact with your body. Make sure you bend your knees slightly on the pushdown. Resist bending forward. Try to keep your back straight as your pushdown.
6. Return to the initial position as you exhale. Make sure the movement is uncontrolled.
7. Beginners must acquire the cable pushdown rope benefits by performing the exercise in 4 sets of 8 reps.
Triceps pushdown alternative for you
If you are unable to perform the triceps pushdown for some reason or another, do not worry. We will enlighten you with yet another excellent triceps pushdown alternative that will change the game for you.
1. Triceps dips
If you are looking to perform a bodyweight triceps exercise, triceps dips can help you immensely. If you are looking to test your triceps strength, this is the way to do it. The triceps dips are also impeccable for advanced lifters and beginner athletes. Thus, you can perform this exercise without batting an eyelid.
2. Barbell floor press
If you are looking for a limited range of motion, the barbell floor press can be a hands-down triceps pushdown alternative for you. Although it is a dangerous exercise, you can make it simple by following the steps correctly and working out accordingly.
3. Lying triceps extension
If you are looking to isolate your triceps muscles, the lying triceps extension will be your ultimate saviour until the end. This one is a potential triceps pushdown alternative as well due to its underlying benefits.
The bottom line
These were some of the most useful triceps pushdown exercises to try at home. Practice them regularly to see the results arriving in no time. We promise; it works!
1. What other triceps pushdown alternatives can I try?
Dumbbell kickbacks, Close grip push-ups and close grip bench press are some of the other triceps pushdown alternatives that you can try.
2. Is triceps pushdown rope useful?
Without a doubt!