Vegan Oatmeal cookies are extremely healthy as it is made up of various healthy vegetarian plant-based products such as coconut, cinnamon, nuts, gluten free flour, dried cranberries or blueberries etc and has massive health benefits. Moreover, as they are delicious people tend to eat them more often which provides beneficial nutrients.
Before learning about Best vegan oatmeal cookies lets dive into the health benefits of being a vegan, how it makes us healthier and why do people choose veganism?
Veganism is a term used for people who do eat any kind of dairy products or any product from animals and eggs. People are choosing veganism in huge number is due to their ethics, environment, health.
They believe that every animal has a right to freedom and life and they believe that taking or using them only for the sake of their products such as milk, flesh etc is a demeaning thing and when the alternatives are present then it is suggested that we consume them instead. They believe that because to their they are tortured and go through various kinds of physical as well as psychological stress. Hens, chicken, cows, buffalos, sheep etc are cages or kept in chains and are only released when are taken for slaughtering. They never enjoy any freedom. Moreover, the male chicks are killed the very instance they are born as they are utterly useless to the egg industry. Geese and ducks are forcefully fed in order to make them fat enlarging their liver so they can be sold for higher amount in the market.
Vegans also care about their health and refrain from dairy products as the milching cows or buffalos are injected with oxytocin so that they produce milk twice or even thrice a day than their normal capacity. It is harmful of both animals as well as humans who drink their milk or eat milk products. Even the chickens are being injected with clenbuterol in order to make them fat to fetch more profit. They are famously known as broilers. Moreover, following only a vegetarian diet can reduce the possibilities of heart disease, cancer, diabetes as well as Alzheimer. It is also beneficial in losing weight and maintaining a health lifestyle.
Veganism is also beneficial for the environment as Dairy products needs more resources and contributes to the greenhouse gas emissions. It is survey that it contributes to more of nitrous oxide, carbon dioxide as well as methane emission in the environment which are also the main greenhouse gases which cause global warning. The animal industry or agriculture consumes over 2000 litres of water every year. Also, the animal agriculture farmers cut trees to turn them into pasture land for their animals/ to provide fodder to their animals. It can lead to deforestation in certain places.
Gluten free vegan oatmeal cookies can unarguably make you lose a lot of weight. Vegan diets would include all the vegetables and fruits as well as cereals, nuts, grain. Seeds etc. Moreover, it should be note that as this type of diet is not so much famous till now or the people adopting such a diet is low, so there is a larger proportion of such food will contribute to higher intake on regular basis and will provide daily intake of various beneficial nutrients.
Number of researches have studied and observed that vegan diet is very effective in losing weight so if you are in the habit of doing or performing intense exercise for weight loss then vegan diet can prove to be the best as you will observe weight loss in a very short span.
BEST VEGAN OATMEAL COOKIES
Let us now study as to what are the benefits of vegan oatmeal cookies as well as its how to make them at home. As every generation is massive fan of cookies, vegan oatmeal cookies are not only tasty but also healthy. They are equally soft and crunchy and is flavoured with cinnamon and with a touch of coconut powder mixed with brown sugar. As well as it is very easy to make vegan oatmeal cookies at home. There are various types of Vegan cookies such as Vegan Shortbread cookies, Vegan Pumpkin cookies, Vegan Chocolate chip cookies, Peanut butter and sugar cookies.
THE VEGAN OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE:
In order to make delicious vegan oatmeal cookies you need to gather some ingredients:
- 150 grams of oatmeal
- 120 grams of flour
- 80-85 grams of coconut powder
- Half or a tablespoon of baking soda
- Half a tablespoon of salt
- Cinnamon powder according to taste
- 200-250 grams of brown sugar or more as per the required taste
- 100-115 grams of vegan butter
- Some vanilla extract for flavour purposes
- Three to four tablespoon of Maple syrup
- And at last some amount of soy milk say on to half a tablespoon of it
WHY DO WE USE SUCH INGREDIENTS IN MAKING VEGAN OATMEAL COOKIES?
- White sugar as well as coconut sugar can also be used in the place of brown sugar but as we want to make the cookies as healthy as possible for its health benefits, we suggest you to take brown sugar. Moreover, brown sugar will provide a nice sweetening taste to the cookies.
- You can also choose to take gluten free flour in order to make vegan oatmeal cookies instead of using white or wheat flour.
- We are using salt, cinnamon in order to provide flavour to the vegan oatmeal cookies
- And Baking soda or powder to make the cookies soft and fluffy. It is generally used in order to make the cookies rise
- You can also add raisins or other nuts to make them more delicious and add a calorific value to the cookies.
STEPS TO FOLLOW IN ORDER TO MAKE FINE VEGAN OATMEAL COOKIES
- Mix all the respective ingredients at a time
- Oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt
- After mixing them gently add some amount of brown sugar and vegan butter and then mix them finely so that sugar can spreads equally to the whole dough
- Mix a tablespoon of soy milk and add vanilla essence and maple syrup with so that the mixture can take a perfect dough shape.
- It should be noted that if you find that the whole mixture is not coming together in the form of a dough then add some more soy milk but remember to be observant of the quantity as if you will add more the cookies will not stay in a perfect shape and break
- Roll the dough into small balls and then place them on the tray. Remember to not use a utensil with dark surface as they will heat up fast in the oven and can burn the surface of the vegan oatmeal cookies. You can also useparchment paper in its place to prevent it from burning.
- Bake the vegan oatmeal cookies in the oven for about 13-15 minutes so that they get perfectly baked.
- Moreover, remember to not serve them at the very instance and wait for about 5-10 minutes for them to cool down so that they get crunchy and the butter can melt and spread equally.
- You can keep them in a tight container and store them
DISADVANTAGES OF VEGAN OATMEAL COOKIES
- Eating Oats might lead onto bloating intestinal gas but if you eat them in a reasonable quantity then you can prevent such bloating or intestinal gas.
Enjoy vegan oatmeal cookies and share it with other too. There are various nutrients you can get from it and will support your health lifestyle goals by not compromising with your taste buds and your cravings.
They are high in fibrous content and has minerals such as potassium oil, calcium, magnesium etc which is highly effective for your body as it is also less in calorific value. It has various health benefits too as well as they are tasty.
If you are serving the cookies early when they have just come out of the oven or if you have put excess amount of butter in them then the proportionate dough of cookies might spread in excess causing it to break. So always remember to keep the cookies aside for cooling for about 5-10 minutes and then serve them.
can use them so that the dough does not stick to the bottom of the utensil and
it is easy to take them out without destroying its shape. It shall also be
noted that you avoid taking dark surfaced utensil as they get heated up fast
and can spoil your cookies from the bottom.
You can add liquids to the dough such as milk egg or butter. Try not to use water and use the liquid which is already present in the cookie.