Abs are a simple way of flaunting your toned muscles and muscular strength. Weighted ab workouts are the best way to sculpt your muscles. Hence, working on the abs has become the topmost priority. Merely hitting the gym regularly and performing endless repetitions shall not fetch you a lean body look. Coveted abdominals are the center of attraction when considering a lean physique.
But, your overall nutritional intake shall determine how your physique will look. Proper exercising promotes overall health and enhances aesthetics and body performance. Once body fat is over, we all wish to see our muscles popping up. You can achieve it by using weights while exercising for improvement in appearance. Besides this, you can also expect significant help in athletic events and lifts through pumped-up muscles.
Weighted Ab Workouts To Sculpt Midsection
Weighted ab exercises help build muscular strength and provide a lean body look. You must have seen the bodies of weightlifters
000 and bodybuilders, they are an inspiration to us. Try the underneath workouts to sculpt your midsection and make it worthy of showing off.
1. Barbell Rollout
Have you ever heard about the Barbell Rollout exercise? It is an underrated form of weighted exercise that works like a wonder on many muscle groups. You can effectively include the weighted ab workouts exercise into your daily workout regimen. Moreover, the target muscle groups of the exercise are as follows:
- Rectus Abdominis
- Adductor Brevis
- Adductor Longus
- Deltoid Posterior
- Pectoralis Major Sternal Head
To perform the exercise, follow the under-mentioned steps:
- Take a barbell and load it with weight plated weighing 25 or 45lb on both sides.
- Sit in a kneel-down position and grab the bar at shoulder width.
- Keep your core strong and back upright; roll out the barbell bar until you come into the Superman position.
- Keep your arms tight and straight. Also, do not let your hips fall.
- Use the pressure of your core to pull back the barbell bar to the original position.
2. Weighted Hanging Leg Raise
Gymnastic movements are suitable for flaunting your abs. Weighted hanging leg raise is another form of weighted ab exercise. It is an advanced form of the traditional hanging leg that best raises your core muscles: the exercise targets hip flexors, lats, biceps, core, and other smaller muscles of the back. Performing a weighted hanging leg raises a lot of energy and a strong body. Hence, you should avoid it until your core muscles are strong enough to bear the physical pressure.
To perfectly perform weighted hanging leg raises, follow the underneath steps:
- Take a medicine ball or dumbbell and place it between your feet.
- Jump up and grab the pull-up bar. Gradually, pick up the weight.
- Keeping your legs straight, pull up your legs towards the midsection, and lower them down. It completes one repetition.
3. Side-Plank Cable Row
To achieve a defined midsection, you should not avoid crunching away the rectus abdominis. Many people hitting the gym for weighted ab workouts fail to perform complicated compound exercises because of weak core muscles. Hence, it is essential to have stable core muscles for significant compound movements. Side-plank cable row is an exercise that stabilizes the core for a staple workout routine. Also, you shall develop attractive obliques.
To perform a side-plank cable row, follow the underneath steps:
- Prop up your elbows, straighten your legs and tighten your core. Keep the cable machine to the lowest position and attach the D- handle.
- Face the cable and reach out to the cable row with your top hand. Ensure that your hands extend before you pull.
- Keep the edges of the feet away to keep the hips off the floor.
- Pull the cable row towards your direction with the help of your elbows. Ensure that your hips do not rotate.
4. Landmine Anti-Rotation
Landmine anti-rotation is one of the weighted ab workouts, which includes landmine attachment and a barbell. It is a complex variation of the Russian Twist. Regular exercise can benefit your body amazingly.
For the perfect performance of Landmine anti-rotation, follow the under-mentioned steps:
- Take weights and load them on the bar of the landmine unit.
- Hold the other end of the bar firmly with both hands with a stance.
- Make sure your body is perpendicular to the bar with feet and shoulders apart.
- When you move your foot to the right, twist your torso to the left side and return to the original position.
- Repeat the same by turning on the other side.
Perform the exercise with four sets of 5 to 7 repetitions. People also consider this exercise as Landmine Rainbow. The practice is a perfect movement for strengthening your core muscles and shoulders.
5. Weighted Sit-Ups
Sit-ups are an exercise that sounds very simple and easy. Well, yes! It is an effective workout form for your core muscles. It acts like wonder on your abs. Moreover, it does not require any extra machine. It is a form of weighted ab workout which tones your abdominal muscles. Besides this, you can perform the exercise in both weighted and non-weighted versions. The weighted version adds resistance and increases the intensity of the workout.
For better performance of the exercise, follow the under-mentioned guidelines:
- Grab a weighted plate or a dumbbell and sit back on the floor.
- Lie on your back, holding the weight against your chest.
- Bend your knees perpendicular to the floor and keep your legs firm on the floor.
- Carrying the weight, raise your upper body towards the knees until your forearms touch the thighs.
- Stand in the position for a few seconds and return to the original post.
- Repeat the exercise for a desirable number of repetitions.
The Bottom Line
The development of strong core muscles is essential. Regular body weight exercises might not make you feel strong enough. For that, you can adopt weighted ab workouts. They have a significant role in strengthening your core muscles and involve the usage of weights and dumbbells. Moreover, it improves your muscular endurance. Weight plates and dumbbells thicken the abdominal muscles, which eventually helps develop six-pack abs. Try to incorporate weighted exercises into your workout routine for better results.