Vaporizing and inhaling CBD concentrate wax has become an everyday practice for CBD enthusiasts because it is safer and more effective than other methods.
Currently, there is a wide range of concentrate weed on the market, and topping the list is the dab wax. People love it because it is high-quality and has a higher amount of THC and other cannabinoids than other kinds of cannabis concentrate.
Further, Dab weed wax is easy to come across, which makes it the most popular. So you need to handle them carefully, especially if y are new to vaporizing.
What is dab wax anyway? It looks like honey from afar. The wax differs from other types of concentrates for its crumby and soft nature. And in some cases, it closely resembles brown sugar, or it takes the color and consistency of ear wax.
Keep in mind that due to its consistency, i.e., runny, handling dab wax requires special tools. So if you need to dab wax, you must use a dab rig or a vaporizer.
Other types of dab weed concentrate
There are numerous types of concentrated cannabis out here. They include:
- Crumble: this is dried cannabis oil that has a consistency like that of a honeycomb. It is made from butane hash oil through purging the oils in a vacuum oven. The process gives it a soft consistency but still brittle enough. It is potent as well a rich in flavor.
- Badder/budder: they have a texture like that of cake batter. Their preparation involves whipping them under heat. It is clean and one of the most sought after. It is exceptionally pure and effective. It has 90% THC and 99% purity. Remember, it is also the most expensive.
- Shatter: they are solvent-based concentrate that is brittle and translucent. It has a golden to amber color. It is a product of BHO and PHO extracts, and it is rich in THC and CBD.
- Crystalline: these are cannabinoids that are isolated in their pure crystal structure
- Distillate: this is a refined cannabinoid oil. It is free of smell, taste, and flavor. It is usually used in vape cartridges and edibles
- Rosin: this is an extract of flowers of cannabis. It is extracted through heat and pressure only.
- Dry sift: if you’ve ever owned a weed grinder with 3 compartments, you probably know dry sift. It’s also called hashish or kief. The extraction method is pretty simple. Take the buds and other materials and rub them against the fine mesh. The hairlike particles that you collect are the trichomes. Kief is a golden powder-like substance and is the most basic of THC concentrates.
- Bubble: it is a derivative of hash. It employs only water and ice or mesh screens to extract. It has a paste-like consistency with high potency because of a high level of terpenes and cannabinoids
Cannabis wax vs. cannabis dabs. Is there any difference?
Both of them are cannabis concentrates. They have some similarities, but they aren’t entirely the same. The products are made through butane extraction.
The real difference between them is the moisture content.
What is dab?
Cannabis wax, dabs weed, and cannabis dab require a dab rig for vaporization. For this reason, they are called concentrated cannabis, dab concentrates or concentrate weed.
However, it vital to note that the term wax applies mostly to concentrates made from dried buds using butane or CO2. So rosins and live resins do not qualify as wax. But, you can refer to all forms of concentrates as dabs because it is a less specific term.
What is dab weed wax, and how does is differ from oils?
Dab weed wax is concentrate weed, and it differs from cannabis oil in various ways.
The wax is in a soft semi-solid form, but can also come in sold formulations. Some wax, e.g., shatter, crumble, and honeycomb is brittle solids. They, however, vaporize when you expose them to high temperatures.
On the other hand, oils are a liquid formulation but vary in viscosity. Some are thinner, while others are denser.
Wax is undoubtedly more potent than oil, thanks to the method of extraction. The extraction of wax from the cannabis plant results in a very high concentration of cannabinoids and terpenes. Additionally, it can have THC levels of up to 90%.
By contrast, the method of extraction of oils causes dilution, which reduces the concentration of cannabinoids and terpenes
The only similarity between them is you need a dab rig to vaporize them, and the best are from Vaporizer Chief.
Effects of Dab Wax
Dabbing is the easiest and quickest way to ingest concentrated cannabis because it is high in THC – the psychoactive ingredient of cannabis. When you dab wax, you get a faster and more intense euphoria.
The worry is; are dabs bad for your lungs? Remember, you don’t smoke but rather inhale the vapor. As much as this vapor enters your lungs, it doesn’t have smoke particles or hazardous substances that tend to affect the lungs negatively.
Nevertheless, be wary of the following negative dabbing effects.
May increase tolerance to cannabis
Dabs have a higher concentration of the psychoactive compound, THC, which you administer so suddenly to your body. With time, your body gets used to these high levels; thus, increasing your tolerance.
The dab wax may contain other hazardous chemicals
When you buy CBD concentrate wax, ensure that you buy it from a reputable manufacturer. The potency of dab wax in the market may be the same, it may contain the hazardous compound.
Check labels for contents and methods of extraction. This way, you reduce the chances of purchasing a poisonous substance.
Of great importance is to check your dab rig. If it contains toxic substances, indeed, these substances will reach your lungs. So, are dabs bad for your lungs? This depends on the content of dabs and the condition of your dab rig.
Remember, the production process isn’t flawless. It utilizes highly flammable butane gas. Such gas can cause burns and fires to home, especially for those who prepare their own BHO.
You get the typical side effects
When you inhale cannabis concentrates, you may experience Paranoia, psychosis, anxiety, and hallucinations.