If you regularly exercise your butt, you might have come across several injuries. These injuries occur due to many reasons that may vary from overstretched muscles to overused muscles. Also, these injuries indicate that either the exercises you practice are not potential enough or you are not doing them correctly.
Here are a few safe Yoga butt exercises for you to try out so you can avoid injuries without much hassle!
Upward Facing Dog
Also known as Urdhva Mukha Svanasana is a Yoga butt exercise designed for firming the buttocks. The workout also improves posture, strengthens the spine and stretches chest. Other benefits include strengthening the wrists, arms and stretching lungs. As this exercise is safe to perform, yoga butt injury can be avoided. Here is how to do it:
- Lie down with your front-facing the matt on the floor.
- Make sure your legs are width apart and toes flat on the mat.
- Keep your palms flat on the floor.
- Now lift your upper body by pressing your toes on the ground and stretching your arms flat on the floor.
- Face the horizon when your shoulders are rolling back.
- Practice this yoga butt exercise
An exclusive exercise that is also known as Setu Bandha Sarvangasana is designed for the strengthening of buttocks. The workout is also beneficial for abdominal organs, depression, circulation of blood and reduction in stress. Make sure to perform this exercise regularly to gain a nice yoga butt. Here’s how to do it;
- Lie on the ground with your back facing the floor.
- Slowly raise your hips and create a strong curvature in your back.
- Keep your hands to your side.
- Roll your shoulder under your chest and press through the feet.
- Practice this yoga butt exercise
The Salabhasana is a pose that is very beneficial to your buttocks as it strengthens the buttocks. The exercise also improves stress levels, body posture and strengthens the spine. If you want to gain a nice yoga butt, performing this exercise is all you need. If you want to minimize the risk of injuries, this workout is the safest to choose. Here’s how to do it:
- Lie down with your belly facing the floor.
- Make sure that your arms are resting flat on the ground.
- Engage and press your cores into the floor. This will make your chest and legs lift in the air.
- Rollback your shoulders and make your upper body and lower body raise by keeping your belly on the ground.
- Practice this yoga butt exercise regularly.
The most popular pose of all the yoga butt exercises, Urdhva Dhanurasana is an exercise that can work wonders for you. The workout provides several benefits including, strengthening of lungs, buttocks, increasing energy and reducing asthma. Other serious ailments may include, improvement of infertility and osteoporosis. Here’s how to perform this exercise:
- Lie on the floor.
- Place your hands on the matt above your head, palms down and fingertips pointing towards you.
- Begin by raising your hips and placing the crown of your head on the mat.
- Straighten your arms and lift your head off the ground.
- Your tailbone should be lengthening towards your knees.
- Press your shin bones back and attempt to keep your feet parallel.
Perform this yoga butt exercise regularly.
The Utkatasana or the chair pose is an easy yoga butt exercise that you can try out without much inconvenience. The workout targets the muscles to tone them strengthens buttocks, stretches chest and shoulders. Other benefits may include reducing symptoms of flat feet and stimulation of abdominal organs. Here’s how to do it:
- Bend your knees on, raise your arms and lower the hips.
- Make sure you drop your buttocks towards the floor.
- Make sure your body is aligned.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed and rotate the outer arms inwards.
- Make sure that all the weight is on your heels.
- Keep practising this exercise regularly to gain a nice yoga butt.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dolphin Kick, Fire Hydrant, Downward Dog with Leg extension and Hamstring twist are the best yoga butt exercises that you can try at home
For the Dolphin Kick exercise, here are the instructions to follow:
- Begin by placing yourself in a plank position.
- Place yourself on the mat by putting your forearms and toes balanced.
- Make sure your elbows are placed under your shoulders.
- Your hips must raise a bit.
- Bend your knees to touch the floor.
- Then return to the start position.
Yes. All the exercises that we have listed above are sure to help in building a good butt for you.
These were some of the best Yoga butt exercises that you can try at home to improve your buttocks and stay fit. Each work out provides a host of benefits that can aid most of your health issues at once. So, what are you waiting for?