Many people simply do not take the initiative to properly care for their skin. Skin is the largest organ in the body and it offers protection to the body in many ways. Unfortunately, this protective layer can become damaged or changed in such a way that it no longer offers full protection. Knowing how to properly restore the skin is essential for good health.
Why Is Skin Health So Important?
The health of your skin is vital for the protection of your body. When the natural acid mantle of the skin is disrupted in any way, this can lead to skin irritations, acne, sensitive skin, and dryness. If the mantle is not promptly restored, skin damage can begin to occur. You can learn more if you contact Circcell
6 Ways to Restore Your Skin
When the acid mantle (protective layer) of the skin has been destroyed or compromised in any way, it is important restoration takes place. There are six ways you can restore your acid mantle and improve the health of your skin. Taking the following into consideration is vital for skin protection and good health.
1. Moisture is essential for healthy skin. According to medical scientists, the skin is comprised of 64% water. Hydration is crucial for healthy skin. If you are dehydrated, it is going to begin to show in your skin first. Drinking plenty of water each day will help to bring back the moisture.
2. One of the biggest mistakes people make when caring for their skin is using harsh chemical cleansers. These cleaners disrupt the pH balance of the skin and can lead to the acid mantle being destroyed. When it comes to skincare, using gentle pH balanced cleansers is a must.
3. When choosing skincare products, it is essential individuals read labels. There are some ingredients that are very harsh on the skin and they often lead to the disruption of the acid mantle. Ingredients like benzoyl peroxide and fragrances can cause skin damage and irritation. It is important to always patch test any skincare product before use.
4. Skin protection is a crucial part of ensuring your skin is healthy. Wearing SPF protection every day helps to protect against the onslaught of the sun’s damaging UV rays. SPF lotions should be used on every part of the body that is exposed to the sun.
5. Mixing different skincare products can be damaging to the skin, especially if they contain potent ingredients like glycolic acid. The skin becomes more sensitive to environmental stressors when the acid mantle and pH are off because of harsh chemical skincare products.
6. A nourishing cream is essential for protecting the acid mantle of the skin. A skin cream that contains nourishing ingredients like Vitamin E and other natural oils will be beneficial in protecting the skin against the harshness of the environment.
Choosing the Right Products Is Essential
Research is essential when it comes to choosing the right skincare product. Individuals need to know the ingredients and their benefits or risks before making a choice. With careful research and the above tips, you can improve the protective layer of your skin and keep it intact.
If your skin is always irritated, acne-prone, and dry, it is likely your acid mantle has been disrupted. This protective layer is essential for the normal function of your skin. Taking the above steps will help to keep your skin healthy and strong.